Tuesday, January 25, 2011

13 days and counting...

Who knew I had been here for 13 days. Time is a strange thing here. It doesn't seem as if i've been here for almost 2 weeks. Some days, like yesterday and today seem to drag on, while others are gone in the blink of an eye. I like to think that I know where I'm going (even though all i really do is walk to school and back..) and I'm beginning to be more comfortable when I deviate from said daily trek.
This past weekend it rained but we went sight seeing anyway. I saw the Fontana di Trevi! Che bella!! Even in the rain. We also spent some time at the Spanish steps, which I have to say, probably is better to do when it's sunny. Still awesome nonetheless. I also had my first fried artichoke. Just wonderful. Huge fan. Rachel had been looking for them ever since we got here and finally we got them. It's was a interesting experience because I've had them steamed but never fried. But they were great and greasy and salty. just great.
I've been going to Italian everyday, along with everyone else and I'm glad that this everyday routine is almost over. I don't even get up this early at AU. So obviously I don't want to get up earlier when I'm here at Camp Roma. I have class MOnday-Thursday and only have to get up for italian at 9 on mondays and wednesdays. WOO. On thursday I dont have class until 130. I can't decide if thats a win or not because I get out at 430 and then what if i want to go on a trip?!?! I guess I'll just have to suffer through it. Woah is meee........ ha!
Today I am going to attempt laundry. Not only do i have no idea how to work the washer here, I have to remember to drain the washer before opening it, and i dont know how i'm going to dry them. Its going to take years to dry my jeans. YOBS. What what what am i doing. I'm scared to hang them outside because i really would not like to have to run down to the alley to fetch my clothing...... I know there's a laundromat but I dont really know where that is. I'm getting a little overwhelmed and stressed. Fortunately I have all of tomorrow afternoon to make it work. Hopefully I won't flood the kitchen.
This weekend Rachel, Francesca and two other kids in the program, Alex and Ross, are going to Florence! Yay I'm so excited. Not only to go see somewhere new and exciting but also to see Lauren!!!! AHHHH Lauren is my grand big in APO (the community service frat that Im in) and she spent the fall semester in INDIA. Ergo, I haven't seen her in a very long time. I can't wait to see her! yay!! Speaking of community service, as a part of the Arcadia program they have extracurriculars that we can do that they have organized. So I think im going to help feed the homeless. I'm a little nervous and dont really know how its going to work out but i figure i can get that all in order once my classes have settled down. I would also like to note that I tried caviar for the first time tonight. (Here at Camp Roma we live high in the hog). Rachel bought it and I tried some and I have to say Im not quite a fan. Granted it was 4 euro caviar, but it was too fishy for me. And then we made nachos for dinner. They dont have cheddar cheese or sour cream here. But they love their Philadelphia cream cheese. Go figure. I don't understand them.
Looking forward to Lauren this weekend and clean socks tomorrow!

1 comment: