Saturday, May 21, 2011

L'ultimo giorno in Roma

So it is currently 630 am and I leave Rome today. I am not packed in the slightest but that doesn't appear to be a problem because my flight keeps getting delayed. I was supposed to leave at 1150 and it was pushed back to 1250. Now were looking at 225. ugh. At this point. I have said my (tearful) good byes to Rome and it is time to leave. I'm really hoping and praying that it doesnt get pushed back like into the night because I would really like to sleep in my own bed tonight now. WOW WEIRD.
As for packing. my suitcases are going to be over weight. I have bought too many goodies that they just are going to make my luggage heavy. I would say sorry I'm not sorry but I am. mostly because i have to carry them.
I am currently running on an hour of sleep since the other night. Last night we had an apertivo with the program which included free food and wine and it was a lovely chance to all be together one last time and it was super cute. after which there was lots of running around and seeing of monuments. we then all met up at Scholars, a irish bar that american study abroad students frequent (aka always go to). And what did we meet up for? The preakness. which is run in Baltimore. I watched the preakness in Rome and I completely forgot it was yesterday. And what else was playing on another tv? An orioles game. Baltimore threw up on the Scholars tvs. I think it was God's way of telling me that its time to go home. But not yet because my flight keeps getting pushed back..
Gotta go... just because im not packed doesnt mean Im not gonna have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment